Monday, March 28, 2011

Brain Freeze

This weekend, like most, went by way too quickly.  And I didn't even do a ton of stuff.  Friday, after Bar Method, LC and I met his family out for pizza and a glass or two of vino.  We were in bed by 10:30 p.m.  Awesomeness. 
On Saturday, I woke up and did some major cleaning.  Like 3 hours worth.  Our apartment needed it badly.  After my cleaning extravaganza, I did an Insanity workout and it kicked my butt.  I was in desperate need of a good cardio session and this was just I needed.  I did Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. My calves and hamstrings still hurt today.  Insanity is a 60 day plan where you follow a schedule, 6 days a week for 2 months.  Insane.  I tried following the plan for the one week and I couldn't handle it.  Partly because it is really challenging (the people of the video even have to stop) and secondly, because I get bored working out in my living room.  Now, I just do them sporatically when I need a break from the apartment gym.  On Saturday night, LC and I decided to stay in and make dinner at home and watch The Fighter.  Really great movie!  LC enjoyed the boxing part of it, while I enjoyed Mark Wahlberg shirtless. Besides the eye candy, the story about the boxer was really fascinating and Christian Bale definitely deserved his academy award.

On Sunday I woke up a really sore from my Insanity workout, so I hopped on the bus and headed over to Lululemon for a complimentary yoga class.  I have a wedding coming up so free yoga is good yoga. Right? Wrong, when hosted at a cute athletic clothing store.  The yoga class cost me a t-shirt and a pair of capri pants. BUT they will hem my groove pants for FREE!  I have to go pick them up Friday and I must. resist. the urge. to buy a super cute hoodie that I saw there.  I do enjoy going to Lulu events like the Vino and Vinyasa I went to a few weeks back, but for yoga classes where I need unwind, stretch, and just relax, I will be heading to a studio.  It was kind of odd practicing yoga, while shoppers pressed their faces to the glass to get a better look into the store.  Now I know how zoo animals feel. 


And here we are today.  Another manic Monday.  With all this sunshine that's been happening around me, my brain is in spring mode despite the 30's/40's temps we've been having here in Chicago.  So this morning for breakfast I made a smoothie and sipped it on my way to work.  In my parka.  And Uggs :-) It was de-lish!

Apple Pie Smoothie
1/2 C greek yogurt
1 medium apple sliced
1/2 c milk
1 Tbsp granola
1 Tbsp almond butter
2 Tbsp maple syrup
a dash of cinnamon

*blend and enjoy!

I can't wait for the spring temps to match this spring sunshine.  I'm looking forward to my first run of the year outside.  What are you looking forward to?


                

No comments:

Post a Comment