Thursday, March 17, 2011

Vino for Me, Water for Elephants


Last night, Lululemon hosted an event called, "Vino & Vinyasa" at the W Hotel in downtown Chicago.  I went to Bar Method and then walked over to the event.  It felt amazing to stretch my muscles after exhausting them at bar.  My friend, Kristine, joined me for some yoga and vino :-)  It was a lovely event, followed by a nice glass of wine and good company.  3 different instructors from various yoga studios from around the city taught the class.  It was nice to see the different styles among all of the instructors.  I've only been to yoga at Corepower, so this has inspired me to get out there and try out different yoga studios and other types of yoga.



Yesterday, I also finished one of my favorite books, Water for Elephants.  I started this book back in January and why it took me so long to read, I have no idea.  It was a great read right from the very beginning.  Without giving too much away, the book is set in the 1930's and is about an older man reliving his time with the old circus.  There are some unexpected twists and turns in the book and once I got further into it, I found it hard to put down (hence finishing it at work).  I'm really excited for the movie to come to theaters! Next up on the Nook, The Paris Wife.  I've heard a lot of good things about this book and I'm hoping it will fulfill (for now) my desire to travel to Paris.       
         

2 comments: