Friday, March 25, 2011

TGIF

This week has been a rough one.  Work has been insane this week, so I am VERY happy that it's Friday!  Tonight, we're going out for pizza with LC's family.  My sister was on spring break this week, so she drove in on Tuesday and I took a 1/2 day at work.  We spent the day drinking Bloody Marys, getting manicures, and eating pizza from Lou Malnati's.  Despite the rainy and weather, we managed to have a good day.  


This morning, I set my alarm to get up and do some cardio, but that didn't happen.  Yesterday, I ran and did the elliptical in the morning and went to bar method after work.  Needless to say, I was in much need of sleep this morning.  For breakfast I made a really tasty smoothie and topped it with Jessica's granola-Vanilla Maple.  Mm mm good! I found the recipe from a facebook friend and thought I'd share it with you. 


Banana Berry Smoothie
1 cup fresh strawberries
1 cup frozen mixed berries (I substituted blueberries)
1 banana
1 cup orange juice
3/4 cup almond milk


Blend & enjoy!
  

For lunch I made myself a tasty, little Mediterranean wrap.  This idea came to me after having lunch last weekend.  The wrap that I had at Swig was just so good, that I had to have it again.  So I tried to recreate it, minus the chicken.  I took a piece of whole wheat naan, spread it with plain hummus, topped it with alfalfa sprouts, cucumber, avocado, and feta cheese. When I went to go roll it up, it was a bit full, but it was very tasty! Not quite as good as Swig's version but it did the trick.    


Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that wrap looks deeelicious..maybe I will make one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum i love smoothies. Don't like hummus, but that wrap looks good :)

    ReplyDelete