Thursday, March 10, 2011

Count It!

This morning I set my alarm for 4:30 a.m. to get up and run before work and that did not happen. I was exhausted.  Running and doing bar method in one day really kicks your bootay!  For right now, I will do these two a-days every other day.  Back to back is just too much.


For breakfast, I had a banana with some Justin's almond butter and my leftover fruit juice smoothie.  Lunch was pretty simple, herb and garlic tuna, veggies and hummus.  And for dinner, I had chicken, a baked sweet potato, and some steamed broccoli.  LC has a yummy treat for me waiting when I got home today; a mini cupcake from Sugar Bliss! It's only my favorite cupcake store in Chicago. 

Did you know that Starbucks made a size smaller than "tall"? They do! It's called "short" :-) and it's only 8oz. They just don't advertise it on their menu, those sneaky devils! It's the perfect size for me because, as much as I love Starbucks, I can never finish a whole tall specialty drink and it just goes to waste.  I had the cocoa cappuccino and it was the perfect blend of chocolate and coffee, deeeee-lish!  


One thing that I've noticed since I've started running again in the morning, is that I'm hungry throughout the whole day.  I've been more conscious about what I'm eating and I've been loading up on lots of veggies and fruit, but I'm definitely eating more and therefore not losing as much weight as I'd like.  Since March 1st, I've lost two pounds.  Which leaves me with 6-8lbs left to lose to reach my monthly goal.  In the past, one sure thing that has helped me is calorie counting.  It works, but I hate it with a passion! I was using an iPhone app called lose it and it definitely helped me stay on track, but there's more to a balanced diet than just calories (hello carbs, proteins, & fats!) Enter Spark People.  It's a website that's more than just calorie counting, it's a whole online community for people who are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy lifestyle.  When you log in your food, it tells you what your "goal" should be for calories, proteins, carbs, and fats.  If anyone uses this, my username is Lavidasana, so "friend me"! We can motivate each other.  We'll see how this goes, hopefully the calorie restriction won't leave me feeling faint during my workouts, that would not be awesome.

This weekend, I'm headed back up to Milwaukee (my second home).  My little cousin is turning 21 and what better way to celebrate than with a St. Patty's day bar crawl?! Hmmm...last weekend brewery tour and fish fry.  This weekend, bar crawl? Two lbs lost? I might be seeing the problem here!       

No comments:

Post a Comment