Monday, April 4, 2011

Ka-Boom

My fitness goals for April were to run outside 3 days a week and attend Bar Method Monday through Friday.  I knew it was going to be tough, but my first wedding shower is in a month and I really wanted to look and feel my best.  So today, I laced up my running shoes, put on my Garmin and headed out the door.  It was an overcast day.  The temperature was just perfect for running.  Not too hot, not too cold with a slight breeze.  For my first outside run this year, everything was going perfectly.  I ran my favorite route.  I had no problems with my calves cramping up.  Smooth sailing.  

 Can't wait for the fountains to turn on. Then it's "officially" spring.


 The two ladies walking in this picture are lifesavers. I am forever grateful to them because, shortly after I took this picture, I continued to run and before I knew it was falling into potholes, scraping my knees & elbows, and rolling my right ankle.


 Thankfully, I had my cell phone with me and LC was home.  The two women helped me off of the running path and onto Lake Shore Drive so that LC could find me easily.  I don't know if it was the pain, or the fact that I've never fallen before while on a run, but I couldn't stop crying.  LC picked me up and we headed straight to the ER just to make sure nothing was fractured.  Since it was 10 am on a Monday morning, the ER wasn't busy at all and it didn't take long for someone to see me.  The nurse took me back to take X-Rays of my ankle.  After the X-Rays, I was wheeled back into the emergency room and had to wait to see a doctor.  I'm very grateful for my pedicure, because the doctor looking at my naked foot was very McDreamy-like and very young! I almost wished my single, younger sister had been there instead of LC :-)  McDreamy looked at my X-Rays and shouted to us from the triage area that I had no broken bones.  LC gave him a thumbs up.  Very professional :-) He gave me an ice pack and an open air cast.  They offered me crutches or a cane and I declined both.  I didn't want to make a spectacle of myself over a sprain.  Although, as we were walking out to the car, I had wished I would have accepted the crutches, but oh well.  So here I sit, with an ice wrap on my ankle and an afternoon of HGTV's Selling New York. I guess it's Marathon Monday here on HGTV...
       

Even though I really don't want to, I've decided it would be best to take off from any physical activity besides walking to and from work.  Maybe I'll throw in some free weights later this week.  This is a major bummer because I was so motivated to get back outside and run! Please send fast healing wishes my way.

3 comments:

  1. ahhh! that stinks. I'm glad people were there to help you. Get well soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! I am so sorry, your poor ankle!

    Heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! I hope you will soon be on your feet. <3 Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete