Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Back On Track

Today, I started my morning out (4:45am) with a little run on the treadmill.  I can't wait until it starts getting nicer outside so that I can run outdoors.  Spring is coming, I can smell it in the air.  After my run, I made myself a little juice smoothie.  It consisted of an apple, blueberries, spinach, cinnamon, truvia, and a 1/2 of a grapefruit.  It was gewd!!! It was enough to make two servings, so I will be adding it into my meals at some point tomorrow. I can't do just juice breakfasts two days in a row, especially when running.  I get too hungry throughout the day.

Today for lunch, I just had some left overs from last night's Mardi Gras feast.  Just as good as it was last night!  After work, I walked over to The Bar Method.  I've been going to this class steadily for about a month now and it is one of my favorite toning classes.  I've seen some change in my arms and upper body as well as my thighs.  I took measurements the other day and I've lost inches!  I love this class because you don't use heavy weights, just a lot of repetition and exhausting your muscles.  My legs shake from holding moves for so long, and it's encouraged.  When the instructor sees your legs shaking from exhaustion, they say, "Nice shaking Maria!" So it encourages me to keep going even when I don't want to. I hate life while I'm doing thigh work but it feels oh so good afterward :-)     

For dinner tonight, I ate Alexia spicy sweet potato fries and a Mediterranean turkey burger from Whole Foods, along side a glass of wine.    

2 comments:

  1. That class sounds amazing. I cannot wait to move and have gym/workout options!! :)

    And omg those Alexia spicy sweet potato fries are like crack. So, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start making healthy smoothies like yours!

    ReplyDelete