Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wedding Wednesday {On Thursday}...Getting Ready for the Big Day

I meant to have this post up last night after work.  When I got home, I made dinner, ate and crashed on the couch :-(  It was a very unproductive night, but my body really needed the rest.  So here's my first Wedding Wednesday post: Getting ready for the big day.  We got married on a Sunday, a day in which not a lot of salons are open.  The place where my Milwaukee stylist works was open, but they didn't open until 11 or so and I knew that was not going to work.  So I brought 3 of the best hairstylists I know to my parents house and we all got ready there.  I wouldn't have had it any other way.  It was so relaxing.  My mom made egg casseroles & fruit and my bridesmaids made mimosas.  The time that I got to spend with my bridesmaids & my family is something that I will always cherish. 

Getting Ready for the Big Day
I was determined to have the most care-free morning...

 Filled with lots of laughter & good times...

 In a room with people that I loved and that meant the world to me.

I wanted to be able to chat with my girlfriends...
and enjoy a beverage to calm any existing nerves before that walk down the aisle.


I wanted to be free to do my own make up and to look like myself to some degree...

But I knew that there was help there in case anything went awry. 

voilà!
*To all my family & friends, thank you for helping me look & feel fabulous that morning :-) And to my wonderful photographer, Olga Thomas, for capturing those priceless moments..you are a true artist with an amazing talent*

No comments:

Post a Comment