Thursday, August 4, 2011

One Fish, Two Fish

Thursday already?  This week is flying right on by.  The fact that I was off of work on Monday & I have a 1/2 day tomorrow might have something to do with it.  This weekend, LC and I are headed north for drill and to enjoy some Wisconsin State fair goodness :-) I can't wait for a roasted corn :-) 

Last night my friend Courtney and I went to Jazzin' at the Shedd.  It's a music event hosted by The Shedd Aquarium where you can listen to live music, sip fancy drinks, and walk around the aquarium.  It's $12 to get in & if you pay an extra $6, you also get admission to the special exhibits.  Not too bad considering the regular price of admission.  I'm so glad we went to this because I've been wanting to see the jellyfish exhibit since I first saw it advertised and it was pretty amazing.  With the music they play in the exhibit, I could sit and watch those things all day...so relaxing!


This morning, I woke up pretty early and full of energy {which was a surprise considering the two delightfully strong cocktails that I enjoyed the previous night}.  Since I had a lump removed from the left side of my torso on Monday, I decided to take it easy and stick to a 3 miler.  I had to change up my normal route because of Lollapalooza, but it was a good change, because I got to enjoy this view and appreciate the fact that I live in such an awesome city :-)
I finished 3 miles in about 32 minutes.  One thing that I want to work on, when it comes to running, is my speed.  I can outlast my hubs when we go on runs together, but when it comes to sprints, he's definitely got me beat.  I've got great endurance when it comes to distance, but I'm slow.  I know a lot of this had to do with pushing myself outside my comfort zone, which I need to start doing.  But to be honest, I have no idea on where to begin to make times faster.  Any runners have any ideas?  I'm off to start packing for WI and to make some dinner.  Enjoy your Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment