Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday, Sunday

I hope you all are having a good Sunday.  The weekends always go by so quickly...

Friday, I had a 1/2 day of work :-) YAY for summer hours! I went to Bar Method and then came home, walked Oliver & did a Turbo Fire 45 minute "EZ" video.  EZ is just as hard as a regular DVD fyi.  After my workout extravaganza, I took a nap with the pup and then got ready for a date night with LC.  I met him after work at a place called Plymouth.  They have an amazing bar rooftop bar & restaurant.  They had $5 pom-tinis ( I had 2, sooo good!).  I ate a burger & we shared an order of sweet potato fries :-) The weekends, I'm usually a little more casual with my diet...
On Saturday morning, I attended my first workout in the park event.  A friend and I attended Zumba in Millennium Park.  This is something that I've always wanted to do, but never have found the time to do.  I FINALLY made it and it was a blast!! I had so much fun dancing the morning away! I can't wait to go back :-) Which won't be for a few weeks.  It's seriously like a huge flash mob of dancers in the park.  We had tourists joining us for the dance fun!  I <3 Chicago in the summer.

LC and I have lived in our current apartment for over a year now.  It's a pretty nice apartment for where we are in the city and I was hesitant to put pictures on our walls and such because of the fact that I didn't want to to become too "attached" to this place (we've been back & forth about the city vs the Suburbs.)  I think we've finally come to a conclusion.  Anywho, I decided, because I know we're going to be here for a few years, to make our apartment a home.  So I spent the day decorating & rearranging. (pics to follow once it's complete).  I wanted to make our apartment feel more "lived-in".

Today, we spent our morning waiting for LC's dad to sail.  He's part of a sailing program where they race nationally.  But because there was no wind in the "Windy City" today, we sat around waiting for him to sail.  After we got him into the sailboat, we came home finished cleaning the apt, and went to Whole Foods to get our 1 month anniversary dinner.  We grilled steaks & ate some sides salads.  It was perfect :-)  We're getting ready to watch some True Blood now :-) We're only on Season 3 (Netflix) because we don't have HBO.  Tomorrow, I'm taking the day off to get a cyst removed :-/  My doc doesn't think it's anything serious but she just wants to be sure.  I'm a little nervous since it's the closest thing I've ever had to surgery!! Wish me luck!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow!

    We are just about to watch True Blood too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have 1/2 Fridays too {during the summer} ... they are the best!

    ❤ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete