Wednesday, July 13, 2011

TGIW-Happy Wednesday!

Happy hump day!  I hope everyone's having a good morning so far.  This week has been dragging for me.  Thankfully, I have a 1/2 day on Friday. Hooray for summer hours! I started my morning off with a 7am Bar Method class.  It was tough getting back into it after two weeks of being off, but it felt GREAT! It's only been a few hours, but my body is already sore.  Loves it.

Last night I had quite the productive night.  I came home, went for a nice easy run (2.5 miles) and then did Fitnessista's Moan-day Ab Burner.  My abs were on FYYYAAA!  After my workout I made a Hungry Girl Recipe, Turkey Taco Meatloaf.  YUM!!!  Quick & easy and will last me a few meals since LC is working at the base this week.   After dinner, I gave one dirty puppy a much needed bath.  He resisted at first, but truly appreciated it after it was all said and done because he got to sleep in the big bed!

I've posted the hungry girl recipe below in case you're interested.  I'll be back later with a recap of our wonderful honeymoon!

Hungry Girl's Turkey Taco Meatloaf  
Ingredients 
1lb. raw extra lean ground turkey
2 slices fat free cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese
1/2 cup canned sweet corn kernels
1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 packet of taco seasoning mix, dry 

Directions
preheat oven to 375. cook peppers and onions for 3 min. over med. heat in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray. in a large bowl, combine onions, peppers, turkey, corn and seasoning. spread 1/2 of mixture on bottom ofloaf pan sparayed with nonstick spray. layer 2 slices of chesse on top. top with remaining meat mixture. pour salsa over top. cook for 30 min. top loaf with shredded cheese. return to oven and cook another 15 minutes.
1/6 of loaf has 127 calories,1g. fat, 7carbs

1 comment:

  1. Cute dog! This recipe looks tasty and healthy. I am not much of a meatloaf fan but this I would love to try! Low in calories, low in fat, and high in taste!

    ReplyDelete