Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Music behind the Party

Happy hump day! Thankfully, this week is just flying by for me.  I have a fun weekend planned :-)   On the fitness front, I got up and ran 4 miles yesterday morning, which was a success.  No ankle pain then and no ankle pain now.  It feels good to be back and confident that I will finish my third 1/2 marathon in September.  I'm down three lbs since we got home from our honeymoon :-) I also started Turbofire on Monday & I LOVE this workout! It doesn't even feel like you're working out and the music is pretty awesome.  Full review coming at a later date.  I've only done two of the DVDs.

Speaking of music, since I'm still obsessing over my wedding & anxiously waiting for my pics (about two more weeks!), I thought I'd write a little bit about our reception & our music selections.  This was one of our tougher choices since LC & I have a variety of tastes, but we made it work. 

Our First Dance-Stay With You, John Legend.  LC's one request for our first dance was no country.  This was a dilemma because all the songs that I had picked out were from the country genre.  We came to an agreement with this one, since we both like John Legend & the words were perfect for us.


Mom/Daughter Dance-I had the pleasure of dancing with my beautiful mother on my wedding day.  I let her pick the song, and was ecstatic when she chose, Mama's Song by Carrie Underwood.  I secretly hoped she would pick this song because one, I love Carrie Underwood & two, the song couldn't have been more fitting for our dance together.

  
Parents Dance-Not wanting to leave my step-dad out of the equation (or LC's mom), we decided to do a "parents dance".  I really wanted My Wish by Rascal Flatts & LC wanted anything but.  We were supposed to dance Somewhere Over the Rainbow, but at the very last minute, LC told the DJ to play Rascal Flatts :-)


Bouquet Toss-I wanted to stay away from all cliche songs, (ie. Single Ladies) so I decided to roll with Who's That Chick by Rhianna.  Definitely a fun dance song and a way to keep the party going.



Garter Toss-LC decided to go more classic, with Shook Me All Night Long, by ACDC.  It was a fun one and a good way to sneak in an oldie but goodie :-)


Now that our wedding day is almost a month gone, there are still certain things that stick out in my mind about it.  One being our reception and my mom & stepdad who danced the night away.  I've never seen them have so much fun in my life :-)  I can't wait to see what other fun memories our photographer captured.   

2 comments:

  1. Amazing song choices! sounds like a fun party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an original song selection! I love John Legend, too. Thanks for sharing your song list!

    ReplyDelete