Monday, July 18, 2011

Say It, Do It + Weekend Recap

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.  LC & I had the perfect summer weekend.  It's been a while since we've been in Chicago for a full weekend where he didn't have to work.  We took full advantage. 

Friday, we went to the Taste of River North.  I much prefer this than the taste of Chicago.  The crowd was much different and the environment was much more relaxed.  I sipped sangria, while LC drank beer.  We ate good food, walked around and listened to fun 80's music.  Perfect way to end the week. 

taco platter from Zocalo

Sangria + Summer = happiness

On Saturday, we got up early and ventured to Lincoln Park to go to the farmer's market.  We picked up some tasty produce, lovely flowers and I discovered that I do actually like cherries :-) As a kid, I hated them and that always stuck with me.  But now, as an adult, I decided to give them another try and I can't stop eating them.  Me gusta! After the farmer's market, I went home and got  into some trouble with my Kitchen-Aid mixer. LOVE this thing! It was a wedding gift from my grandparents and probably one of my favorite gifts.  I decided to make a first attempt at gluten-free/vegan chocoloate chip cookies.  I got the recipe from my cookbook, BabyCakes: Vegan, (Mostly) Gluten-Free, and (Mostly) Sugar-Free Recipes from New York's Most Talked-About Bakery.  Now, I don't have any known food allergies, but I do know that my body doesn't love dairy, so I'm trying to steer clear of it as much as possible...with the exception of cheese.  I love cheese.  These cookies turned out amazingly! Even LC thought they were good and had no idea that they were GF/Vegan.  I will definitely be making them again :-) I was surpised at how well they turned out because 1, gluten free baking can be trickery and 2 I can't remember the last time I baked from scratch.  The last time I baked anything was when LC was overseas and I sent him a care package (back in December).  And even those cookies were pre-made.  Oops!  Later that night, we met up with some friends and went out to celebrate a birthday.   

On Sunday, LC & I ended our weekend with a Cubs game :-) Pefect summer time activity!

Now on to talk about some fitness.  Since the wedding, I've been lacking major motivation to do anything really.  I did workout last week, but not to the extent I wanted to.  So I'm hopping back on the 'Say it Do it' train and posting my workouts for the week in hopes that I stick to it and find my motivation again.  

Monday: Treadmill or Elliptical + a Fitnessista ab workout
Tuesday: The Bar Method  woke up too late but did a bridal bootcamp dvd :-)
Wednesday: The Bar Method + Volleyball
Thursday: The Bar Method + 30 minutes on the elliptical with intervals
Friday: Run 3 miles
Saturday: Cheer on LC at his tough mudder race!!!  
Sunday: Maybe some turbofire? I ordered the DVDs today so hopefully they're be here!

I'll be back later to talk about the 3rd & (final) honeymoon recap.  Here's Part 1 & Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment