Thursday, April 21, 2011

Little Green Monster Mash


I woke up this morning with very little motivation to get up & workout.  I was just about to hit snooze on my alarm when I remembered that I published this.  I think publishing my workouts for the week on my blog is probably the best thing I could have done.  It definitely holds me accountable & keeps me motivated because, unless I injure myself again, there really is no good excuse. 

After my workout, I made this delightful green monster of a smoothie.  I had some produce in my refrigerator that was about to go bad, so I threw them in the blender and hoped for the best.  It turned out pretty good!

Green Monster Smoothie
1 C of O.J.
1 banana
1 small cucumber
1 small gala apple
2 C of spinach leaves
1 scoop of vanilla whey protein
1 T of flaxseed
A handful of ice cubes
*Blend & enjoy!

Today I'd also like to wish my little sister, running buddy, MOH, & BFF a very happy birthday!  She turns 24 today.  Unfortunately, I can't make it up to Milwaukee tonight to celebrate with her, but she's coming to Chicago tomorrow and staying for most of the weekend.  Our weekend consists, of a sushi date, Bar Method madness, & shopping for a dress for my shower.

This is us before we ran our first 1/2 marathon in August 2010.  Little did we know what we were about to get ourselves into! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment