Sunday, September 4, 2011

Music Moves My Soul {And my Feet}

(Source)
Yesterday, I completed the Lake Country half marathon.  It wasn't my best half marathon, but it wasn't my worst either.  Full recap to come.

But today, to celebrate seeing Carrie Underwood at Ravinia, I'd like to talk about music & running.  When I injured myself back in April, I first blamed it on the city of Chicago for not fixing the running path and then on myself because I got so caught up in my music and forgot to pay attention to what was going on around me.  After my sprain, I started running sans music and I surprisingly enjoyed it.  With the wedding just around the corner, I had enough thoughts to keep myself entertained :-) But when I signed up for this half marathon with my friend, I knew I'd need some music to help power me through my long runs.  
The Friday before the race, I made sure to update my 1/2 marathon playlist with some new favorites.  In total I had about 42 songs.  I won't list all 42, but I will list the ones that motivated me to get running again or run just a little bit faster.

1. Otis-Jay-Z
2. I wanna Go-Britney Spears
3. Pumped up Kicks-Foster the People
4. Super Bass-Niki Minaj
5. All I do is Win-DJ Khaled
6. Cowboy Casanova-Carrie Underwood; (I typically don't put country on a running playlist but when I hear this song, it motivates me to run only b/c I want legs like Carrie Underwood!)
7. Power-Kanye West
8. Sexy Bitch-David Guetta
10. Waka Waka-Shakira
12. You Make Me Feel-Cobra Starship
13. Shake Senora-Pitbull
15. Moves like Jagger-Maroon 5
16. Loca-Shakira
17. La La La-LMFAO

 I'm off to start my day!  Maybe some yoga & pancakes?? LC bought Carrie Underwood tickets for us at Ravinia tonight.  They're lawn seats, but I'm looking forward to packing our picnic and just relaxing and listening to the music.  I hope everyone's enjoying their long weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome playlist! may need to steal that from u :) i start everyday with #4 Nicki Minaj's Super Bass ;) Yoga and pancakes sound delightful too. Happy Labor Day weekend to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing the half marathon! Love your playlist. I've been looking for some new music ideas!

    A picnic on the lawn sounds like the perfect way to spend an evening! Hope you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah Love your playlist especially britney. congrats on the run...I need to start getting back on being active...I don't think I can even run a mile anymore...haha

    ReplyDelete