But today, to celebrate seeing Carrie Underwood at Ravinia, I'd like to talk about music & running. When I injured myself back in April, I first blamed it on the city of Chicago for not fixing the running path and then on myself because I got so caught up in my music and forgot to pay attention to what was going on around me. After my sprain, I started running sans music and I surprisingly enjoyed it. With the wedding just around the corner, I had enough thoughts to keep myself entertained :-) But when I signed up for this half marathon with my friend, I knew I'd need some music to help power me through my long runs.
The Friday before the race, I made sure to update my 1/2 marathon playlist with some new favorites. In total I had about 42 songs. I won't list all 42, but I will list the ones that motivated me to get running again or run just a little bit faster.
2. I wanna Go-Britney Spears
3. Pumped up Kicks-Foster the People
4. Super Bass-Niki Minaj
5. All I do is Win-DJ Khaled
6. Cowboy Casanova-Carrie Underwood; (I typically don't put country on a running playlist but when I hear this song, it motivates me to run only b/c I want legs like Carrie Underwood!)
7. Power-Kanye West
8. Sexy Bitch-David Guetta
9. Give me Everything-Pitbull
10. Waka Waka-Shakira
11. Party Rock Anthem-LMFAO
12. You Make Me Feel-Cobra Starship
13. Shake Senora-Pitbull
14. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall-Coldplay
15. Moves like Jagger-Maroon 5
17. La La La-LMFAO
I'm off to start my day! Maybe some yoga & pancakes?? LC bought Carrie Underwood tickets for us at Ravinia tonight. They're lawn seats, but I'm looking forward to packing our picnic and just relaxing and listening to the music. I hope everyone's enjoying their long weekend!