Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wedding Wednesday-The Reception

Location, location, location.  That was key to me when I began planning this wedding.  LC and I were engaged on July 3, 2008 & our venue was booked July 26, 2008 :-) As soon as I saw Pier Wisconsin, I knew that I had to have our wedding here.  It was EVERYTHING that I had wanted.  Right on the water, not a hotel ballroom, and windows! Tons and tons of windows!  One problem with place? A Saturday wedding was well out of our budget.  So my mom and I went home and looked at the calendar and played around with the dates.  Sundays, of course were the cheapest.  I didn't want a Sunday wedding but when I saw that July 4, 2011 was a Monday, I was definitely sold on our July 3, 2011 wedding.  And that's how that came to be.  It worked out perfectly because it's the same date that LC had proposed to me.  When we went to visit with our coordinator at Pier Wisconsin for our food tasting, she said she had over 12 couples ask to see if that date was available. At the end of this post, you'll see why.   

We had a food and beverage minimum we had to meet, so we threw in a few extra things :-)

Instead of traditional cake we served cupcakes from Miss Cupcake out of Milwaukee.  The selections we chose were red velvet, pink lemonade, key lime, and chocolate with peanut butter frosting.  They were to die for.

The flavor of the cake we cut into was peach bellini. It was heaven on a platter.

After dinner was served & eaten, we danced our first dance to John Legend's "Stay with You". One of my favorite songs.

Next, I danced with my mom, to Carrie Underwood's "Mama's Song". I get teary eyed whenever I hear it and I think of this moment.  This will forever be "our song".

LC & I decided that we wanted to do a parents dance as a way of honoring my stepfather.  He didn't want to dance with his mom alone.

After all the designated dances, it was time to hit the dance floor! LC and I went around and thanked our guests for coming, but I told myself from the beginning that I would dance the night away at this wedding & that I did. And I brought our guests with me :-)

At about 9:30 p.m. our DJ played Katy Perry's "Firework" & "Blow" by Ke$ha just as our spectacular fireworks show was about to begin.  Every year on July 3rd, Milwaukee's lakefront has an awesome, hour long fireworks display.  We had the best seat in the house.


And they lived happily ever after!

1 comment:

  1. i've never seen champagne so beautiful! the raspberry adds just the right amount of color and really compliments it.

    ReplyDelete