Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Good News & Disappointments

Good news or bad news first?  I'll start with the good news because it's short & sweet.  About a year ago, I started a blog to track my wedding planning progress.  When I realized that I was writing more about working out and nutrition, I decided to start a blog geared more towards that.  I had invested a lot of time in that other blog and had also written through LC's 2nd deployment.  I had a link sending people to the new blog and never deleted the old one.  It wasn't until today that I realized that I could import all of my old blog postings!!  Thanks to the traffic tracker and whoever got to this new blog via the old one.  So so happy! It's the little things people :-)

So now, you can find a tab with all my wedding-related posts and I can reference back to older postings.  This has seriously made my day.  That and volleyball getting canceled due to weather...I've got a big "to-do" list to tackle tonight!

On the downside, and this is a hard one for me to write about, I've decided that this year I will not be running the Chicago marathon.  Major. Fail. A lot went into making this decision.  Could I physically do the training program? Defitely.  Would I have the time to do. Sure, if I set everything else that I have going on this summer aside.  Ditch out my BFF's bachelorette party because I have to run 13 miles the next day? Not this summer.  When I signed up for the marathon, I guess I never thought about how much it would have to coinside with.  And just getting through this first week of training was tough with everything else I had going on.  Run on my honeymoon?  No thank you.  There's a time and a place and celebrating marital bliss is not it.  

Another reason, I decided to pass on the marathon?  My sister will be gone for training with the Air Force.  When I first realized this, I knew this wouldn't be my year.  My sister is one of my biggest supporters.  We ran our first 1/2 marathon together and I know that if she lived in Chicago, she would be my designated running buddy.  We're really good at pushing each other.  It must be a sister thang :-) When I ran my 2nd 1/2 marathon she was there with my mom, holding up signs chasing me around the course.  Her excitement and motivation for me made that run worthwhile.  So for me to run my first ever FULL marathon without her being there just doesn't feel right to me.  

I'm dissapointed in myself, but there's always next year.  This summer, I'm going to run for fun and maybe sign up for a fall 1/2 marathon after the wedding craze has died down a bit.       

No comments:

Post a Comment