Wednesday, June 8, 2011

FF to Marathon Training Day #3-My Triathalon


Today is day #3 of Chicago Marathon training.  Monday was a rest day, which I did.  Exercise wise anyway.  Tuesday I was supposed to run 3 miles but opted for Bar Method  instead only because it was too hot to run outside & my ankle is not loving the treadmill these days.  Something is better than nothing and I think the thigh work in Bar Method is helping the patella femoral syndrome that I was diagnosed with last summer.  

Today, I made sure to wake up extra early to get a 3 miler in.  The heat was still a killer, but I managed to get a pretty decent run in.  I definitely had to push myself when I wanted to start walking.  The beginning of runs are definitely the roughest part.  My ankle was a bit tender and for a good 1/2 mile I was questioning myself on whether or not I'd be able to complete the whole training successfully for the marathon on October 9th.  So maybe mentally I'm not as prepared as I should be.


After my run, I went on with my day and headed to work.  After the day was over, I went to Bar Method with my co-worker, Hollie.  She introduced me to the class and for that I am grateful to her.  She's a good bar buddy and keeps me motivated.  When Bar Method ended, we changed out of yoga pants and into volleyball shorts and headed to North Avenue beach to play on our Wednesday V-ball team.  It actually started last week, but I was just too exhausted to play.  It was a lot of fun to be back out there after not playing for two years.  I was a bit rusty, but I'll get it worked out.   Our team overall is not too shabby.  Tonight, we won 2 of 3 games.

While I was waiting for the bus on the I saw the police chase down a kid and pull their gun out him.  In Lincoln Park, which is a really nice part of Chicago.  I think next Wednesday I'll be riding my bike!


I'm off to spend some much needed couch time with LC ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment