Friday, August 19, 2011

No Shower Power Hour


Happy Friday friends!  Last night I ended my very active day (5 mile run & 2 mile walk) with a much needed yoga session sponsored by the wonderful peeps at Lululemon & led by Jen Enders from Yoga Now.  

Every Thursday in the summer, Lululemon sponsors a yoga event at Oak Street beach called, "No Shower Power Hour".  Yoga on the beach?! I'm there!  I've been to various yoga events sponsored by lulu (here & here), and they never dissapoint.  My favorite one is still Vino and Vinyasa at the W Hotel.  

Pros of "No Shower Power Hour"  
-It's free!
-Sponsored by a great company
-get you outside to enjoy the summer before it's gone
-it's on a beach; the crashing waves definitely help with relaxation
-taught by awesome instructors

Cons
-lack of knowlege from the Oak Street beach staff. I got there early & they told us it was canceled.  I called lululemon just to make sure.  It wasn't.
-limited mats.  Luckily I got there early enough to get one, but I will make sure to bring my own next week, just in case.
-the instructor was hard to hear.  Because it was outside and they had other events going on, it was hard to listen to what Jen was telling us.  But I made it work.

Overall it was a good yoga class and just what these tight hips & calves needed.  Jen was a really great teacher and I will be taking a class at Yoga Now in the near future.  After yoga, my friend and I ate dinner at Oak Street Beach.  I ordered the fish tacos and was not impressed.  They were okay, but I've had better.  The fish was chopped up like tuna and they were kind of bland.  

Today I have a date with the bar, I'm working on making the whole name change thing official other than on facebook :-) and I'm going to get my hair cut!!!!!!!! I've lived in Chicago for 3 years and have never had my hair cut here.  I usually go to my stylist in Milwaukee whenever I go back for a visit (she's been working on this mane since high school), so I'm definitely branching out of my comfort zone and I'm a wee bit nervous :-/  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes Where are you getting your haircut...You know I wasn't getting your blog updates..I think because of your link change..I had to refollow you. I have heard of yoga on the beach..but I think I would be too distracted. :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The haircut turned out well!! Updates to come :-) Also, I changed my link but I don't know how to have it automatically send people to the new one when they go to the old one? I'll have to work on that this weekend.

    ReplyDelete