Monday, February 28, 2011

La Vida Sana

La vida sana simply means "the healthy life" in Spanish.  I chose this name because my grandpa is from Mexico, which makes me part Mexican :-) and he's always been my health inspiration.  When I look back on my childhood, I can remember my Grandpa always running around playing with my sister and I.  I also remember trying to play with his weight set in the basement.  As I got older and my grandparents moved away, I would go down and visit them and my grandpa would go running with me every day.  The man is in his 70s and has a clean bill of health.  He always taught us the importance of staying active and I will always be greatful for that.  

I started this blog because I'm getting married in July and I've been struggling to shed these pounds and tone up for the big day.  I figure if I write about my journey, what I eat every day, and how much I exercise I will be held accountable for myself.  I will be less likely to stop at SugarBliss on the way home and buy two (or 4) cupcakes because I'm having a bad day if I have blog about it and have everyone else read about it.  My goal is to lose 25 lbs in 4 months, eat as raw as I possible can whenever possible, and rekindle my love affair with running.    

*here's a picture of my grandpa & my sister. I couldn't find any of him and I that I loved. What a handsome man!

No comments:

Post a Comment